How do I measure myself ?
Measuring yourself accurately is crucial when determining how much fabric to buy for your sewing projects. By following these steps, you can ensure that you purchase the right amount of fabric from Moodfabrics.com:
- Gather the necessary tools: To measure yourself accurately, you will need a flexible measuring tape and a mirror if possible. It is also helpful to wear lightweight clothing or undergarments to ensure accurate measurements.
- Bust/Chest Measurement: Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust or chest, ensuring that it is parallel to the floor and not too tight or too loose. Take note of this measurement in inches or centimeters.
- Waist Measurement: Locate your natural waistline, which is usually the narrowest part of your torso. Wrap the measuring tape around your waist, making sure it is snug but not too tight. Record the measurement.
- Hip Measurement: Measure around the fullest part of your hips, typically around the hip bones or the widest part of your buttocks. Ensure the measuring tape is parallel to the floor and not too tight or too loose. Write down this measurement.
- Inseam Measurement: For projects that involve pants or skirts, you will need to measure your inseam. Stand with your feet slightly apart and measure from your crotch down to your desired pant or skirt length. This measurement will help you determine how much fabric you need for the length of the garment.
- Additional Measurements: Depending on the specific project, you may need to take additional measurements, such as arm length, shoulder width, or neck circumference. Refer to the pattern instructions or your design requirements to determine any extra measurements needed.
- Consult the fabric requirements: Once you have your measurements, visit Moodfabrics.com and select the fabric you wish to purchase. Look for the fabric's product page, where you will find information on fabric width and the amount of fabric required for various garment sizes. Be sure to match your measurements with the corresponding size chart provided by the pattern or fabric manufacturer.
- Calculate the fabric needed: Using your measurements and the fabric width information, calculate the amount of fabric you need by following the guidelines provided. Take into account any pattern matching or additional fabric requirements mentioned in the pattern instructions.
- Purchase the fabric: Based on the calculated fabric requirement, add the appropriate amount of fabric to your cart on Moodfabrics.com. Double-check your measurements and fabric choice before proceeding to checkout.
Remember, it's always better to buy slightly more fabric than you need to allow for any mistakes or adjustments during the sewing process. It's easier to trim off excess fabric than to be left with too little. By measuring yourself accurately and carefully considering the fabric requirements, you can ensure a successful sewing project with the right amount of fabric from Moodfabrics.com.